Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cavities!

I just went to the dentist yesterday, and I was expecting some more cavities, because I've been having a toothache and during my pregnancy my gums swelled up pretty badly and I have had not-so-great dental hygiene ever since. (Floss every day? I don't even shower every day!) But I wasn't expecting 10 cavities! Oy. Well there goes $350. :/ I guess i'm not too surprised though. I knew I already had 2 on my lower wisdom teeth, because I didn't get those filled before getting pregnant because I had the intention of taking them out... but since I got pregnant that idea flew out the window for a while. Now I will either have to get them filled or get them out next year... after they fill all the rest of the cavity-filled teeth this year. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it... besides go in to the dentist in a week to get 2 of them filled.
They also prescribed me a high-fluoride toothpaste since I drink well water, but I can't use that until I'm done breastfeeding (which makes me wonder how much fluoride is IN that stuff?)

No comments:

Post a Comment