Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Babies :)

This past week we got 3 new baby goats (well, 4 but one didn't make it)... the moms are being good moms, and the babies are eating well and cuddling up together under the heat lamp. :)

We are watching the other goats closely because we don't know when one will deliver. I think one is pretty close, but you never know when the babies will decide to arrive.

Also the young doe who lost her kid is back in heat, so she will probably kid in July.

The weather is warmer, the snow more like slush, the animal's eyes look brighter, and even though the sky is gray and the pine needles are frosty, there is evidence of the earth renewing herself. I can really relate to the pregnant does, who are slow and waiting, like the earth herself, urging time to pass just a little quicker.

5 comments:

  1. HI
    Oh such wonderful news - such a natural setting and I so enjoy your language and rustic details of life on your farm. :-)

    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of us who have only ever lived in the city/suburbs, can you post pictures of your sweet new additions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, when I read the title for this post, I was thinking to myself, "My goodness, Iktomi's been a busy gal this year!" Of course, I see now that you're talking about goats. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol TRT, that's funny! i'll get pics up soon, i have to find my cord that connects the camera to the computer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to have known this! I would like to see those little baby goats. Looking forward for their pictures.

    ReplyDelete